The Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center (ENEC) is proud to sponsor a Veterans event featuring Karen Payne, career advisor and case manager at the Veterans Leadership Program (VLP) of Western PA. She will present on the following opportunities to support veterans’ needs:
- Overview of what services VLP provides to veterans and their families.
- Housing: Seven individual housing programs ranging from 12 months stay up to 36 month.
- Three rental assistance housing programs
- Life skills training, individualized goal setting leading to self-sufficiency, referrals for supportive services.
- Eligibility: Veterans status, low income, proof of homelessness, must have some income.
- Employment program for homeless and non-homeless veterans and their families
- Vocational counseling, resume preparation, job development, workshops, and job fairs.
- Individualized assessment and one-on-one assistance in supporting veterans in their job search.
- Helping veterans remove barriers to employment.
- Some supportive services for transportation, clothing and tools.
- How the Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center will help you with employment.
- Contacts and referrals with many employers.
The event will be held at: Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center, 5321 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15224, on Wednesday, July 31st at 10:30 AM. To register, please call 412-362-8580.