Please consider the following job opportunities:
1) Immediate openings – Positions at the Bloomfield-Garfield Corporation’s afterschool program at Pittsburgh Arsenal and Pittsburgh Woolslair. Up to $15 an hour depending on experience.
2) Immediate opening– Manage the Neighborhood Learning Alliance’s “Everyone Graduates” high school program. Hourly rate of $16 to $20 an hour.
3) Anticipated March opening – Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center is seeking multiple individuals to assist with recruiting 14 to 21 year olds for the “Pittsburgh Summer Learn and Earn” employment program. Positions could lead to full time work throughout the summer. Openings in the West End and East End of Pittsburgh are anticipated.
4) Summer openings – The Bloomfield-Garfield Corporation is seeking to identify as many as 5 workers that would operate its Learn and Earn Summer youth employment program.
5) Immediate opening – Garfield Jubilee Association is seeking a “Youthbuild Education Project Leader.” See the attached job description.
6) May opening – Earthen Vessels Outreach is seeking a Summer Food Program Manager. Looking to hire someone who could be a long-term hire, but for summers only.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT EACH OF THESE OPPORTUNITIES, FOLLOW THIS LINK: NOW HIRING!!!
Are you looking for a job that involves shaping young minds? Look no further because the BGC and Neighborhood Learning Alliance have just the job for you. A local afterschool program is now hiring another support staffer to attend to the academic and social needs of students from Pittsburgh Arsenal K-5 and Pittsburgh Woolslair K-5. Work afternoon hours and earn good pay while helping elementary school students boost their reading and mathematical skills. Some leadership experience is required; all candidates must pass various background checks. Click the link below to learn more about this excellent career opportunity.
Job Posting – AfterschoolSupportStaff
Looking for a job this summer? One of our neighbors on Evaline Street just landed a job through LGC Hospitality Staffing, a firm that orchestrates placement at work-sites like PNC Park and Heinz Field, among others. Specializing in the hospitality industry, LGC offers a number of full and part-time positions in the Pittsburgh area. Staffing manager Sara Vuich will work with each candidate to find them the right job, regardless of their background or work experience. Interested candidates seeking more information can email email@example.com or call 412-343-5087.
Thanks for helping us demonstrate our community’s grocery needs yesterday! Such neighborhood support is essential to furthering our conversation about the future of 5200 Penn Avenue. We must continue joining forces to maintain this momentum, and effect real change, for a grocery store in Garfield.
If we don’t stay committed to the possibility of a Penn Avenue grocery store, then ALDI might just sell the building to the highest bidder (read: commercial developers with no stake in our community). Nobody wants another auto-parts chain popping up within a local ‘food desert,’ so please help us turn the oasis of a grocery store into a reality for Penn Avenue!
Aldi is deciding whether or not to open a new grocery store at the former Bottom Dollar location (5200 Penn Avenue). We are organizing a show of support for this initiative, a demonstration of Garfield’s neighborhood buying power. Come join us this Wednesday (3/18) at 6pm.
Neighbors will congregate at the former Bottom Dollar location and proceed, en masse, walking down to the Aldi on Baum Blvd. Together, we can show Aldi just what kind of loyal customers they are missing out on if they refuse to build a store at 5200 Penn Ave. We are planning for a leisurely walk, but will also be offering transportation services as needed.
The more neighbors who walk together next week (to keep a grocery store in the community), the less distance we’ll have to walk in the future (to meet our grocery needs). Please help our neighborhood ‘turn out the tote’ bags on Wednesday. Let’s get to walking! #Walk2Aldi
For more event information, and to sign up, call 412-206-9849
The BGC is seeking employers to host interns in its youth employment programs. To learn more about how your business or organization can host youth interns, ages 17 to 21, contact Rick Flanagan at 412-254-4007 or complete the form below. Continue reading
JOB OPENING: NovaNet Site Coordinator
Schedule: Part time Monday through Friday, 3PM – 6PM (varies; 20-25 hours/week)
$13 – $15/hour or more based on experience Continue reading
The Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center (ENEC) is proud to sponsor a Veterans event featuring Karen Payne, career advisor and case manager at the Veterans Leadership Program (VLP) of Western PA. She will present on the following opportunities to support veterans’ needs: Continue reading
The Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board (3RWIB) has announced plans for its 7th annual Imagine! Career Week, being held from April 22-26. Sponsored by Citizens Bank Foundation, Imagine! Career Week celebrates the diversity of career opportunities available in the Pittsburgh region and helps students consider a wide range of career fields. Imagine! Career Week encourages exploration of career pathways through workplace tours, job shadowing, interactions with employers at job fairs, playing with equipment and tools at trade union training centers, building a robot or attendance at a youth leadership conference. A full schedule of events is available on the website.